Gum disease is one of the major causes of a bad breath. If you have tried all the possible ways to find out the causes of your bad breath including oral hygiene and dry mouth, then you should visit your dentist to know a gum disease is the culprit or not.
A proper attention is needed to avoid further complication. A gum disease can cause a lot of complications and a bad breath is the first indication of this problem. An early diagnosis can offer an easy and fast solution. It might take more than longer if detected at an advanced stage.
Gum disease is easy to cure and in fact, you can treat it at your home with some natural remedies. A simple vitamin C supplement can do wonders for you. It can cure your gum disease effectively. You can also consider taking calcium. I will recommend you to drink a glass of milk every day to get the required amount of calcium to combat a gum disease as well as to ensure your gum and teeth health. In addition, you can consider the followings.
1. Here is an excellent recipe to cure a gum disease naturally.
Cloves, cinnamon powder, lemon and salt
- Grind a couple of cloves and cinnamon to powder
- Mix the powder and squeeze a lemon
- Add a tablespoon of salt and mix well
- Use an irrigator to wash your mouth with this mixture
- Make sure the mixture reaches the cavities
2.Herbal tea is also effective to treat bad breath.
This is a special herbal tea prepared to target the root cause of your bad breath. You might not like the flavor of this tea due to acrid taste. But it can be helpful to treat your bad breath, if you take it several times in a day. If you find it hard to drink for the taste, you can add honey as the sweetener. Honey will make it drinkable. Honey has also some elements effective to combat a bad breath.
Half of an orange, some alfalfa leaves, sunflower seeds and a lemon
- Boil 1/2 liter of water with handful of alfalfa leaves
- After boiling, turn down the heat and wait for 15-20 minutes
- Then add 2 tbsp of sunflower seeds and continue to simmer for 7 minutes
- Let it to cool down then squeeze 1/2 lemon and orange to prepare the herbal tea
3. Another herbal tea to cure your bad breath.
You can take this tea throughout the day to maximize the benefits. It will ensure continuous bacterial action within your mouth that will prevent a bad breath. If you want you can put the tea into a flask and drink when required in order to get rid of a bad breath.
Fennel seeds, some anise and cloves
- Brew up some green tea
- When tea is hot add the cloves, anise, and fennel seeds
- Boil the tea on low heat for 2-3 minutes
- Place a cloth over a container and put pieces of chopped ginger
- Now pour the prepared hot tea to the container
- You will get the flavor and benefit of ginger as well
4.Best gargle for bad breath treatment.
Cinnamon is effective to treat bad breath and to ensure proper oral health. It contains cinnamic aldehyde. This antibacterial ingredient is powerful enough to treat any bad breath. Both fenugreek and fennel can help to treat a bad breath as well. Fennel can combat many harmful microorganisms and the healing properties of fenugreek will be an added benefit.
This mixture is not for drinking purposes, you can use it to rinse and gargle only. You need to practice it two to three times in a day to get the best result. You can practice this soon after eating to maximize the benefits. All the ingredients used in this recipe have powerful antibacterial qualities and that makes it extremely effective to treat a bad breath.
Cinnamon, cloves, some cardamom, and some bay leaves
- Take a cup of water
- Add these ingredients and bring them to a boil
- Simmer for 5 minutes and let it cool for a few minutes
- Use this tea to rinse your mouth vigorously and to gargle
Natural Remedies For Bad Breath Caused by Dry Mouth
There are many causes of a bad breath and dry mouth is one of them. Here are some excellent home remedies to treat a bad breath caused by the dry mouth. You can take a tablespoon of aniseed and fennel. Take one cup of organic coconut milk and grind these ingredients together. After grinding, you can warm the preparation slightly and then you can sip it. Take ten minutes to finish your drink slowly.
After drinking your seed and coconut drink, you can take two tablespoons of these seeds of a similar quantity. Chew the mixture slowly for two to three minutes. This remedy will help to improve the saliva flow in your mouth. Also, it will combat the bacteria that cause a bad breath.
You can also take a glass of steaming hot water and then add a teaspoon of cardamom powder into it. Allow it to stand in the hot water for fifteen minutes and then drink it. This remedy is considered excellent to treat a dry mouth as well as to fight a bad breath organically.