If you feel bloated and sluggish, notice swollen feet, ankles or fingers, your body might be holding on extra water in your organism and causing these symptoms.
Is annoying because you can’t wear all combinations you want, like shoes and dresses and tight jeans. But also, it can cause some problems with the heart pressure as well.
What is water retention actually?
It’s when fluid doesn’t get removed from the body tissue and the skin. The medical name for this disease is Oedema and it can occur in parts of the body, or the whole body.
There are many things that can cause Oedema. Also, it is more likely to occur in the summer period, and as well, it is inevitable in pregnancy. But, here are some other things that can cause water retention:
- Gravity – like, if you work standing on your feet the whole time
- Hormones – especially the ones that are connected with the menstrual cycle
- Contraception pills
- Burns – such as sunburns, heavy burns from other accidents – the body tends to cool off from the inside, and that’s why it retains the fluids
- Hot weather – the body can’t remove enough fluids from the body in the summer period compared to the winter
- Eating really salty foods – salt has a tendency to retain fluids inside the organism
- Some medications – such as medications for high blood pressure, corticosteroids and anti-inflammatory drugs
So, what are the symptoms that your body is retaining fluids inside?
- Feeling bloated, especially in the stomach
- Fluctuating in weight, though not eating more or less
- Stiffness in your joints
- Swollen feet, hands, fingers and ankles
- When you press your skin, it may hold the indent for a little bit
And in the end, here are some natural food and remedies that can eliminate the extra fluids from the body.
- Cut salty food and foods that are high in sodium
- Eat more proteins
- Include bananas in your daily food intake – potassium is great in eliminating fluids
- Eat cucumber, cabbage and parsley – they are natural diuretics
- Take less coffee and alcohol, because they are “dehydrating drinks”
- Drink more water
- Exercise – it helps you sweat and drink more water
- Keep a food diary – this will help you understand what you’ve eaten on a day when you feel bloated and sluggish
The post Tips on Getting Rid of Water Retention In Your Body ! appeared first on Ideas To Try.