Alcoholism is a detrimental habit that damages health and leads to numerous societal problems such as violence and drunk driving. Numerous people claim that it awakens our inner demons, while others use it as a way to cover up emotional pain and trauma.
However, giving up drinking is highly beneficial in some many ways, so here are some things newly sober people claim they have experienced ever since:
- The physical health improves almost immediately, people have clearer skin, better digestion, more energy, lose weight, and do not wake up with nausea and headaches
- The longer they stay sober, the easier it gets to resist the booze cravings
- They find out that even just one drink can make them return to drinking, and even a small amount of booze makes them dizzy, lethargic and spaced out
- Sleep is significantly improved
- They become empathetic towards others
- They realize that alcohol strains social relationships instead of strengthening them, and they learn to have fun without drinking: