The kidneys are among the most important organs in the body – they clean the blood of toxins and are responsible for the proper elimination of waste from the body as well. However, let’s be honest – we rarely pay much attention to our kidneys, which can have a serious impact on our health.
Experts say that we all do things that cause quite a lot of damage to our kidneys – here’s a list of the most harmful habits for our kidneys:
Not enough water
- Experts say that we should drink 6-8 glasses of water every day so the kidneys can work properly.
- The kidneys regulate red blood cell production and eliminate metabolic waste from the body – if they’re not allowed to work properly they won’t be able to remove toxins from the body, resulting in numerous problems.
Not going to the bathroom when you need to
- If you feel like peeing, you should do it as soon as you can.
- Not doing so will strain the kidneys and harm their function slowly over time.
High sodium intake
- The usual western diet includes a lot of sodium which can do significant damage to the kidneys.
- Reduce your salt intake so the organ can work properly.
Too much coffee
- Drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day in order to allow the kidneys to work as they should.
- Taking painkillers often can damage our kidneys which will result in the accumulation of toxins in the body.
- Stay away from these pills and treat your pain with natural painkillers in order to protect your health.
Not treating colds & the flu
- Leaving colds and the flu to pass on their own is a harmful practice which can put unnecessary pressure on your kidneys.
- When ill, try to resolve the problem as soon as you can in order to protect your kidneys.
Too much alcohol
- Drinking alcohol often can damage your kidneys beyond repair and may even lead to kidney failure, which will significantly increase the risk of premature death.
- A glass or two of alcohol is fine, but anything more than that can strain your kidneys and cause a lot of damage in the body.
The post Stop Making These 8 Mistakes That Damage Your Kidneys!!! appeared first on Eating Building.