Bananas are a real superfood, full of nutrients, and antioxidants, and they improve health in countless different ways.
As stated by Adda Bjarnadottir, MS:
“Bananas contain a fair amount of fiber, as well as several antioxidants. One medium-sized banana (118 grams) also boasts:
- Potassium: 9% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 33% of the RDI
- Vitamin C: 11% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 8% of the RDI
- Copper: 10% of the RDI
- Manganese: 14% of the RDI
- Net carbs: 24 grams
- Fiber: 3.1 grams
- Protein: 1.3 grams
- Fat: 0.4 grams
Each banana has only about 105 calories and consists almost exclusively of water and carbs. Bananas hold very little protein and almost no fat.
The carbs in green, unripe bananas consist mostly of starch and resistant starch, but as the banana ripens, the starch turns into sugar (glucose, fructose, and sucrose).”
The riper the banana, the richer the antioxidants and nutrient density. The consumption of two ripe bananas provides a high amount of antioxidants and high levels of Tumor Necrosis Factor, which fights against cancerous cells in the body.
If you repeat this for a month, you will experience amazing health improvements, such as:
1. The high iron content lowers the risk of anemia and keeps the blood healthy, while B6 helps the production of white blood cells
2. They are rich in potassium which helps digestion, reduces stomach acidity, and soothes heartburn
3. Bananas are rich in potassium and low in sodium, so they lower blood pressure
4. Bananas boost the absorption of calcium and improve bone health
5. The high antioxidant levels of bananas prevent free radical damage, so they protect against diabetes heart disease, cancer, and muscular and tissue degeneration
6. Since they are a powerful combination of potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6, bananas reduce nicotine withdrawal and can help when one is trying to quit smoking
7. Bananas are full of fiber which helps the normalization of bowel movements and treats constipation
8. They slowly release energy, so they keep the brain alert longer, and the high potassium and magnesium levels improve brain health and boost focus
9. They are abundant in B6 vitamins and potassium, so they effectively balance hormones
10. Bananas contain sitoindosides, which treat and prevent ulcers
11. Bananas contain high levels of electrolyte which relieve the symptoms of a hangover
12. Bananas treat brain disorders, as they are high in magnesium, which helps the conversion of fatty acids into DHA, an important omega-3, and studies have found a link between a DHA deficiency and neurological disorders like ADHD and Alzheimer’s disease
13. Bananas are rich in potassium, magnesium, and tryptophan, and thus enhance memory
14. These fruits are a high-potassium, low-sodium food, which is excellent for heart health, and the rich amounts of fiber, vitamin C and B6 lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases
15. Bananas are rich in tryptophan, which converts into serotonin in the body, so they successfully treat depression
16. They are rich in fiber and three natural sugars – fructose, glucose, and sucrose, so they boost energy levels and fight fatigue
17. Bananas are full of fiber which will help you feel full, prevent food cravings, and help you lose excess weight
Megan Ware RDN LD, advises:
“Fresh bananas are available year-round. Unlike other fruits, the ripening process of bananas does not slow down after they are picked. Bananas should be stored at room temperature.
The warmer the temperature, the faster bananas will ripen. However, to slow ripening, bananas should be refrigerated. The outer peel of the banana will darken but the banana itself will stay intact longer. To encourage faster ripening, place the banana in a brown paper bag at room temperature.”
Therefore, you can eat ripe bananas raw, add them to your cereals, baked goods, and smoothies, cakes, cookies, and muffins, and reap all their benefits!
The post 17 Things That Happen To Your Body When You Eat Two Ripe Bananas Every Day For 30 Days appeared first on Healthy Food House.