Carbohydrates give us energy mainly. Low-carb diets are diets designed to lose weight more or less quickly. As with any diet, it has its risks , so it is best to consult a specialist or your doctor.
When planning a menu for a low carbohydrate diet – see Foods without carbohydrates – we should vary the type of foods allowed by these diets throughout the week.
Foods Allowed on Low Carb Diets
Each low carbohydrate diet has its own particularities, but in general the foods that are allowed are well defined.
It is important to note that foods that contain white flour and sugar are not allowed on the low carbohydrate diet. Most fruits are restricted, but some are allowed. The number of grams of carbohydrates allowed per day varies from person to person. Some can eat 20 grams of carbohydrates or less per day to lose weight. Others can lose weight successfully at 50 or 60 grams per day.
Below is the list of low carbohydrate foods that you can enjoy. The low carb diet is a high fat diet. When you feel hungry you have to eat enough fat to satisfy yourself.
- All meat is allowed (white or red), except liver
- Do not include filling when cooking or breading
- Read the label for information on carbs in canned meat
- All types of fish
- Seafood (oysters have some carbs)
- In all the ways you can prepare
- With some restrictions: Up to 50 grams per day
- Butter, mayonnaise, cream, margarine, in fact, all the fat is allowed
- Low starch, green vegetables
- Restrict vegetables with starch like potatoes or potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, etc.
- Avoid high glycemic index fruits, such as watermelon, bananas, citrus, pineapple, etc.
Menus for low carb diets
Here’s a weekly menu plan for a low-carbohydrate diet:
- Cereals and peanut butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries with cereal
- Salad made with 4 cups of chopped lettuce or other dark green lettuce (that is, no iceberg), half an avocado, and 100 grams of cooked chicken meat, with sweet and sour vinaigrette sauce and lemon dressing
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- Grilled sirloin or pan (125 g.)
- 1 cup green beans, prepared to your liking
- 1 cup mushrooms and peppers with wine and herbs
Nutritional analysis : A total of 26 grams of carbohydrates plus 32 grams of effective fiber. For the induction of Atkins, leave out the mushrooms and peppers at dinner, and the total carbohydrate will be slightly less than 20 grams of carbohydrates plus 29 grams of fiber. The menu also contains 95 grams of protein and 1500 calories.
Note : Calories can be varied by adding and subtracting protein and fat, or, if your carbohydrate needs vary based on this, by changing the amounts of carbohydrate-rich foods. All menus have essentially all essential vitamins and minerals except for calcium and vitamin D. “Essence” means that a particular vitamin might be a little smaller in one day or another. For the most part, these menus far exceed the minimum requirements. Low carbohydrate menus offer options.
- 3 eggs with ½ cup cooked spinach and 1 cup sliced, sautéed mushrooms (in tortilla or scrambled together)
- A slice of small melon (about 1/8 small melon)
- 1 Apple Lino Muffin (or could save bagel for lunch)
- 3 cups chopped lettuce or other dark green lettuce
- Walnut Tuna Salad
- Another apple Linen Muffin with a good cup of tea
- Lasagne on a plate
- Green salad with low carb dressing
Nutritional analysis : a total of 35 grams of effective carbohydrates with 23 grams of fiber. To reduce carbohydrates, swap spaghetti (8 grams of carbohydrates) to a different pasta alternative at dinner. The menu also contains 98 grams of protein and 1500-1600 calories depending on the salad dressing and the extra fat that is used in the cooking of the eggs.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Almonds, a handful.
- Turkey sandwich with 1 portion of Pan Focaccia or low-carb bread, 60g. Turkey, 1 mayonnaise, 1 large lettuce leaf, and ¼ cup alfalfa sprouts. If replaced with another bread, note the differences between carbohydrates and fiber.
- 8 marinated cooked asparagus without sugar
- 1 large celery stalk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter or peanut butter
- 100 grams of chicken cooked to taste
- Refried beans (made with black soy beans)
- One cup (or more) of green salad with low carb dressing
Nutritional Analysis : This menu contains 30 grams of effective carbohydrates, plus 25 grams of fiber, 113 grams of protein, and 1650 calories.
- 1/2 cup bran cereal with all the fiber extras
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup strawberries
- Sliced almonds
- Sandwiches Chicken breast and a Caesar salad. Throw the buns and fried bread.Most fast food places now have similar options. There is more about low carb food in fast food restaurants.
- 3 large mushrooms, each with a slice of cheese spread
- Chicken Club: Wrap the following divided between 3 large leaves of lettuce. You can use low carb tortillas, but it modifies the carbohydrate and fiber charges.
- 100 g. Cooked chicken delicatessen
- 1/2 cup sliced red pepper
- 1 sliced tomato plum
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise. It’s even better with added bacon.
- Dessert: raspberry with vanilla cream.
Nutritional Analysis : The total carbohydrate count is 33 grams of effective carbohydrates, 25 grams of fiber, 120 grams of protein and 1567 calories.
- 2 (or 3) eggs cooked to your liking
- 2 slices of Canadian bacon
- 6 asparagus
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 cups Colesha salad mixed with seasonings for low carb diets
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Snack (morning, afternoon or evening)
- 1/2 cup yogurt, flavored with sugar syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoon flax seeds
- 100 g. Lean roast beef
- 1 cup sautéed mushrooms in olive oil
- Spinach, spinach salad or made with 3 cups spinach and olive oil or another cup of coleslaw
Nutritional analysis : 40 grams of effective carbohydrates , plus 20 grams of fiber, 127 grams of protein, and about 1700 calories.