As much as I have searched and looked for how to make slime , I did not find a good translation for this word “Slime”, the dictionary tells me Lodo, but it is not just that, it is another green, sticky, pasty “nhanha” that slides between the Our fingers.
This Slime, let’s call it that, is the basis of a toy that appeared here a few years ago, came in a glass identical to that of the 500ml ice-cream cups, and the box was flowering green, sorry for not remembering the name, but I found something very similar to the sale in an online store (picture on the side).
Now, let’s see how we can make our own Slime, we
- White glue,
- 2 plastic cups, in the end go to the trash,
- Food coloring (of the color they prefer, green is the classic),
- Borax powder (available in drugstores or sometimes in super markets in the detergents section),
- A plastic spoon in the end goes to the trash,
- One tablespoon (to measure).
How to make:
- Fill one of the glasses with water.
- Add a spoonful of Borax, stir well with the plastic spoon ,
- Put this cup on its side,
- In the other glass place a height of glue of about 3cm,
- Add 20ml of water ( three tablespoons ), to the glue,
- Add a few drops of the dye,
- Mix well to homogenize.
- Add to the second cup a tablespoon of the Borax solution they made in the first cup,
- Move well!
- Wait 30 seconds, take the spoon with the spoon that has been formed, and you can play with it!
- The Slime that forms is totally safe for hands.
Keep it away from small children or pets that may think it is food. Results: The polymer that forms is unique because it is both a solid and a liquid. This polymer can behave like a liquid and take the shape of the glass and yet we can hold it in the hand as if it were a solid. That is, the polymer created is a non-Newtonian fluid … and what is this curse? Exactly what I explained, or more technically is a fluid whose viscosity is variable depending on the applied voltage . The above demonstration can be transformed into an experience, as we have seen in all our essays, to turn a demonstration into an experience, one has only to wonder about the influence of the various variables in our demonstration.
- Does the quality of Slime change if I add more Borax?
- How can you save Slime so that it lasts longer? You have to make several Slimes and store them differently
- Different brands / types of glue make different Slimes? Various glasses, various glues, various slimes
- Does the amount of water added to the glue affect Slime? Several glasses, glue with different amounts of water, various Slimes